Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Horse is a Horse, of Course, of Course









For her Birthday Mykee asked for two things: A five dollar Princess Camera, and "A real, live Unicorn." I said, "Mykee, you know that unicorns are only pretend, right, they are not real." She said, "Why yes mom, I already knew that, but I still really want one." So, I made a Unicorn horn out of poster board, tin foil, and elastic. A good friend of mine from the Stake High Counsel (Thanks Brother Sivertsen!) owns horses and agreed to let us turn his horse into a Unicorn as a birthday surprise for Myk Rhea. The horse didn't care for the horn, so we weren't able to use it, but Myklin didn't mind a bit. It was a fun birthday activity to do as a family with pizza afterwards. Happy Fourth, Mykee!!! We love you!

4 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

what a good mom you are trying to give her a unicorn!! Such a cute idea...I love it! Wish I could have seen the horn on that horse..HA! Happy, happy B-day Mykee...we sure love and miss you!!

Doublebanker said...

Looks like they're having fun... Great Gpa got our daughter a pony, she'll be riding it soon...maybe at 3 or 4 :)

Jessica said...

Jamie, you are so smart sometimes. I think that is why I love you...because you can come up with a way to make what you (or your children) want happen.

Chrystal said...

How great!! She's so much fun - what a great memory!