




Saturday, Kirby showed off her moves at her Spring Dance Recital at Riverton High School. She was beautiful. I forgot to pack her ballet shoes and remembered on the way there, and so Jason dropped Kirby and I off and took the other three kids home to retrieve the shoes. I was praying that Kirby's Cheerleading squad would perform first, before her ballet class. It was not to be. Not only was her ballet class performing before her Cheer Squad, her Ballet class was FIRST on the ENTIRE PROGRAM!!! I got her all ready, and had her stand shoeless with her class. I ran to the outside of the school and prayed that Jason would show up on time. He did, with only seconds to spare and I ran yet again through the school like a wild woman. My daughter was very excited to have her shoes. (For those who know Kirby personally, little things out of whack throw her out of whack, so it was a test for mom to stay calm, so as to teach her to stay calm. ;)) I digress. So, I was seated just in time. To add to the time crunch and pressure, her Cheer Squad performed only 2 acts after her Ballet class, so Kirby's maniac mom got to run around the school, yet again, and change her very quickly into her Cheer Uniform. WE DID IT!!! She was AWESOME!!!




6 comments:
You are one dedicated set of parents! Props to Jason for his racecar driving skills! I am so excited for Alayna to be old enough for dance recitals and such, but I don't think my Jason shares in my enthusiasm for the world of dance. How did you get your hubby to go along with it? Kirby looks fabulous, by the way!
Love it! Elodie's dance class this summer got cancelled because not enough people signed up! I was bummed and don't have the heart to tell Elodie until she ask about it..so far so good!
I think we will take it easy...with her starting preschool this year we will limit her to only one extra activity...mainly so I'm not running all over town and because DANG! it's all so expensive! She starts soccer this fall and I am so excited for that!!
Kirby looks so cute! I bet all the routines were so cute!!
Erika, I think Jason goes along with it because he thinks it is just what you do. He has a youger sister that danced and I know he spent a many a hour at her various recitals, shows, competitons, etc...So, as long as he thinks that is just what you do, I'll just let him keep thinkin' it! ;)
Love the pictures! Dance is so fun isn't it? And if you can't tell wether or not I'm being sarcastic that's ok, because I haven't decided which direction I'm taking this comment. It is fun though isn't it?
Cheer and dance!??? I am pretty sure those are two words i will never come to know! ;)
Hooray! Super Parents save the day again! Woo Hoo! Kirby looks so adorable and I just get chills imagining our girls in high school...really dancing and doing cheer! I don't know if Clarissa will still be in to it by then...we'll see.
Post a Comment