Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thoughts

Yes, yes, I know. I haven't been blogging lately. Well, that's okay. My MIL was in town early on in the month, and we were busy with that. And then, well, I just didn't want to blog. At all. I'm sorry, I haven't been reading all of yours as well as I normally do. And my family in various places in the country is missing out on the goings-on of my life. ARGHHHHHHH!!! I'M SORRY!!!!



There is just so much to do in life. A few Sundays ago, our AWESOME ward Emergency Preparedness Specialist gave a little 15 min lesson and while she was speaking I thought to myself, "There is just so much work to be done." Not only is there a lot of work physically throughout a day, but emotionally, spiritually, etc., etc.



I don't know about the rest of you, but there is always laundry, dishes, toilets to be scrubbed, picking up after kids, teaching the kids to pick up after themselves, breakfast, lunch, dinner, exercising that needs to be done, floors that need mopping/vacuuming, kids that need bathing AND IT IS A LOT OF WORK!!!



In addition there are church callings, I currently have FOUR, three of which are heavy at the moment. And all kinds of things going on for all of us. I literally do not have enough hours in the day. So for now, I am backing off of blogging, it is just not high on my priority list, which is why I took so long to start one in the first place, and here I am back at the same thoughtful perspective. I will continue, mainly for the benefit of family and friends that really never see us, but I am sorry to say, I will be backing off of reading friends' blogs that I see regularly. It will not hurt my feelings if you do the same for me, because let's be real this blog thing is competitive...
(at least for me it was...truth be told.)

BUT, most importantly I often reflect on Dallin H. Oak, member Quorum of Twelve Apostle's talk and insightful thoughts:

"We have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families."

While I love my extended family and friends, I must think first of my little ones and my good husband. The computer at this stage in life is not the best place for me to be at any given time of the day. Signing off for now with love,

Jamie

8 comments:

Chrystal said...

I love you!

Becci and Josh said...

IT was so good to see you guys at Kendal's wedding! Love you guys!!!

Lacey said...

I'm happy to hear from you but sad at the same time! I understand completely your decision to prioritize!

Just remember to balance your family time with personal time...my computer time is my personal time and everyone knows that!! Plus, I love my blog and it's a great journaling tool for me! Don't forget how important that is!!

I'll miss daily updates on your family so try and post a few times a month!! I love you!

Di said...

Totally understandable. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Dee and Bob said...

I totally don't know what you do with your time!! You ONLY have 4 kids!!!!

C-Biscuit said...

Hey, you look familiar.

david and michal said...

jamie! where are you guys and what are you up to?

McCartneys said...

4 callings ?? You arent supposed to have 4 callings unless you live in Louisiana!!