Monday, May 19, 2008

Kirby's Competition at Lagoon

















Kirby had a national dance competition on May 10th up at Lagoon. (A local amusement park.) Her cheer leading squad competed as well as her Ballet class. She was AMAZING!!! There are always the children that stand there and cry, or the ones that go the opposite direction as everyone else, or the ones that smile the entire time while doing nothing, and there are the performers. I wasn't sure which category she would fall into, as her dance studio is closed to parents. BUT, she was incredible, she smiled, she had great rhythm, she had beautiful lines and was just so wonderful to watch. I seriously cried!!! I didn't necessarily expect her to be so exact, but she really was very lovely to watch. My mom wisely pointed out that I would have been proud no matter what "type" of dancer she was, and she is right, but, I was definitely extra proud. It was a great day, a very special one for Kirby, Jason and myself. Fallon was with us and we had a sitter for Mykee and Tys come at 5 in the morning when we had to leave. We took Kirby to Panda Express and she was super excited to eat with chopsticks. It was a great day. We found out last week, that Kirby's Cheer leading Squad placed 2nd, and her Ballet Class received 3rd place. She came home with ribbons, medals, and two stuffed elephant toys. She had a lot of fun and I'm really proud of her.

3 comments:

Chrystal said...

That is so awesome! I'm proud of you too Kirbs! What a fun time! I love reading about your kidlets!

Erin said...

wow! i just saw this post! kirby must have done great!!! i'd like to give myself a little credit. i have driven her to dance and cheer a few times. thank you thank you! :)
but that is so fun! tell her how proud i am! and that i miss her!

ctarbet said...

Did you see Paige there? She was there watching her niece dance. Anyway, I love reading your blog and seeing what your family is up to!